No Matter What, the Most Important Things are the Children

I think this should be obvious to you, yet I understand that it is easy to forget what is most important when you are feeling the strong emotions you may be feeling. I came across a Website called The Stepfamily Letter Project, http://stepfamilyletterproject.wordpress.com. The site includes letters from different types of family members to other family members. The caption reads: “Blended Families Share Their Challenges, Joys, and Advice.” The letters are full of pain and wit. Yet, they illustrate how intensely one’s actions effect other people, how devastating selfishness and thoughtlessness is, and how uplifting is grace and understanding. If you look at this site, you may read letters from people experiencing similar frustrations and joys as you. I think that reading these honest writings helps to put things into perspective.

Comments

  1. Hello Jennifer
    Its nice to meet you. thank you for your kind thoughts.
    And yes the children are always the most important consideration, maybe not top priority if your health or safety are at risk, but right up there. Children are very adaptable and flexible but we are coming to realize more and more what profound effects negative early life experiences have.

    Do you have a family?
    I hope you stop by and chat more often
    Happy Days
    Delwyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I am just sitting having my morning coffee thinking how nice it was that a stranger wanted to commiserate with me and I got to wondering - how on earth or should I say, in ether, as a newcomer to blogging, did you find my blog....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts